March 7, 2010

Fun Day Trip

Since moving to Davis County, we now live close to Antelope Island. On Saturday, the sun was out and it was a nice 50 degrees, so we went with our cousins for a day trip. We had a lot of fun hiking, visiting the old ranch, and seeing lots of bison. It was just what we all needed :)

My mother-in-law Teresa had fun with the grandkids climbing through the rocks and caves. She looks younger than I am in this picture :)


Abigail is my little daredevil. I love seeing her outside. She is an adventurer at heart.

We got really close to these bison. This one had a terrible itch and spent several minutes scratching it against this shelter. The kids thought it was hilarious that he had a blue tongue.


We visited the old sheep ranch. The kids practiced their roping skills and loved petting the horses. They couldn't believe the beds were so hard in the house. They are so spoiled.


I wish we could have had a closer look at the owls.


Taking a rest during the hike. It was an amazing view of the lake from up there. The water was so crystal clear. It made a beautiful reflection of the mountains in the lake.




















8 comments:

Marisa said...

These are darling pictures Jen! I bet you guys had so much fun! Maybe sometime you could come on down South and hang out with your other cousins... just a suggestion:)

gmateresa said...

Had such a amazing day! Beautiful pictures of the kids Jennifer. If you think I look younger then you in this photo you need glasses.

Melissa Fisher said...

Oh, I miss you guys!!! Sounds like life is good for y'all up there. Hopefully one of these days we'll come visit. Email me your address!!!!

John and Misty said...

How fun is that! I live so close and yet I've never been there! Loved your pics!

Cormorant said...

Looks like a fun time. And I love the pic of Abigail next to the old truck; your kids are beautiful!

Anna M. said...

What a fun day! We miss you all around here very much. I hope everyone is doing well. I keep forgetting, but my brother got some mail for you...can you e-mail me or call me with your address again? :)

Britt said...

It's been a while since I looked at your blog. You guys all look so great! Bradley still talks about Ethan and how they could just play all the time. He misses him.

Scott and Megan said...

Jen you are looking fan freakin tastic! WOW! You look great! Have you been running your guts out? I hope all is well! I miss you lots and can't believe how big the kids are! WOWZA! xo