After serving for 15 months in Iraq, my brother-in-law Shan is back with his family. I cried through the pictures on their blog. I can imagine how happy they are to have their dad back. My sister, Marisa, is one of the strongest people I know. She got through this last year with flying colors and truly made sacrifices to let him serve our country. I am truly grateful and proud to know them. I got to talk to Shan on the phone tonight and he sounded so happy :) I hope this month is all about catching up and taking time to just be together. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to witness the kids and their excitement with their dad home.
September 10, 2008
Welcome Home Shan.....and thank you!
After serving for 15 months in Iraq, my brother-in-law Shan is back with his family. I cried through the pictures on their blog. I can imagine how happy they are to have their dad back. My sister, Marisa, is one of the strongest people I know. She got through this last year with flying colors and truly made sacrifices to let him serve our country. I am truly grateful and proud to know them. I got to talk to Shan on the phone tonight and he sounded so happy :) I hope this month is all about catching up and taking time to just be together. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to witness the kids and their excitement with their dad home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That gives me chills!! How wonderful!! What a great guy..
Thanks for the little tribute, Jen. You helped me through it. We love you!!!
Post a Comment