October 18, 2008

Facepaint and Fun

My kids ask just about every day when Halloween is, Abigail especially. I should have not even mentioned the subject until about a week beforehand. Oh well. I have been trying to keep them excited with fun projects. For FHE this week we did some fun crafts that my mom (Nana) sent to the kids in a package. She is so great about sending a fun package every year. We wish she lived closer to actually do the crafts with the kids, but they wanted to post some pics for her to see :) The kids colored their wooden figures, made pictures with the Halloween stickers, etc. For the treat, we made cornflake crispies that have red food coloring in them to look like a pile of fall leaves (thanks for the idea, Melissa).

Abigail is obsessed with having her face painted. About three times per week she asks Jake to paint it. I sometimes say no, but then I remember that childhood goes too fast, and usually give in. Luckily, Jake is more artistic than me and always does a great job with the paint. He does flowers, vines, all sorts of animals, etc. Since she wants to be a cat for Halloween, he thought he would practice a fun "cat" face. This picture is at the end of the day when a lot of it had been rubbed off, but you get the idea, anyway.

During General Conference a few weeks ago, I let the kids have "Costume Conference". They thought it was cool to get dressed up and play "Conference Bingo" while they listened. They actually stayed put for about 4 or 5 talks. I think that is a record at our house!


And this last picture is just because. I was looking at Jade today in her little jeans and she looked very grown up to me. I mean, relatively of course :)


4 comments:

J♥M said...

Your kids are adorable! I'm so glad that I was able to see Abby with her face paint first hand! Your house is the fun house! They do grow up way too fast and I love your idea for a costume conference!

Marisa said...

Jen, your kids are darling. They have one good mommy too. What fun ideas and great face paints. You are awesome.

Sparky2630 said...

How absolutely fun! Face painting, costumes... What a neat family! Love you guys!

Jill T said...

Pretty impressive face painting!