October 4, 2008

Been Awhile...

Just an update:
The quilt show went well. It was so beautiful to see so many quilts gathered together in one place. Truly awesome. It was fun to try out Kristin's long arm quilting machine. I will definately have to rent it out sometime. I loved seeing all my friends (especially Erica from Houston), and just had a great time. The only down side is that we had a poor turn out. There really weren't very many people that came, but it was still worth it just for ourselves. Anyways, here are some of my favorite quilts...







The kids are doing very well. Ethan is loving Kindergarten. He is really cute about everything they are learning every day. He cares about his work and always wants to do his homework. I have been able to volunteer in his classroom once a week, and it is fun to watch the little kids just soaking in the knowledge :) He gave a nice talk in church last week and didn't need any help from me...amazing. He has shown more patience with his sisters lately, and I can tell that he is pushing past the me, me, me stage.


Abigail is enjoying her preschool group. I do a combined preschool with some other moms. We rotate who teaches, and keep it small. So far, I have loved the way it is going. The kids she is with couldn't be cuter, and she is feeling pretty cool to have her own backpack and have her own things to take home and learn, etc. She also has had the chance to spend some one on one time with me every day while Ethan is at school and Jade is napping. I can tell that this has been good for her (she already shows middle-child attributes) Anyways, she is doing great.


Jade just got a cute haircut. She is still her ever-smiley self. She is talking in full sentences now and throws out these big words that shock me almost daily. She thinks it is fun to pretend to be a kitty, a baby, or a dinosaur, and spends hours each day doing a little of each. She loves to feed our new fishes and watch them swim. She keeps telling me about the one that died. Over and over again!


Jacob is working part time at the Ogden Airport flying for Whirlybird Helicopters. He is so glad to have the flight hours! He is loving it, but still needs a job on the side that provides benefits. Time is out for him to look anymore, and he is cracking down :)


I am still working at New Haven about 3 nights per week, I am still running, I just got called back into Young Womens as a Beehive advisor. I am glad to be back there. I just have a great love for the youth. I can tell that this will be a fun group of girls and leaders to be with. I am excited to put together my latest quilt, and I wish I had more time for hobbies :)

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Jennifer, those quilts are absolutely gorgeouss!!! I so wish to quilt! I am going to learn, that is my goal for the coming year. Way to go for running and being one of the best moms I know. Love you.

erica e said...

we had so much fun up there last week! it was so good to see you and spend some time with your family. wish we could see you more often. :( you are one of my mom idols- a mom that i want to be like. i often think back to our days in the front yards chatting about kids and life in general and me getting advice from you. thanks for your continued friendship.

J♥M said...

Beautiful quilts! You are all so talented! I enjoyed the update on the cutest kids! How fun to have a pilot husband! :)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, those quilts turned out great!! I miss seeing you at New Haven, hope that things are going well! Sounds like you are keeping super busy with everything, keep in touch!

Sparky2630 said...

Jen! You are amazing! Those quilts are so beautiful! You wouldn't want to help me with one of my great grandma's quilts that is over 100 years old and some of the fabric is starting to fall away. I don't know what to do to fix it but the blanket is the warmest blanket ever and so fun that it was originally made by Great Grandma Dastrup and her mom when she was about 12 or 13 years old... I LOVE YOUR QUILTS!

Thanks for the update on your family! You are so neat! Love You!

Anonymous said...

I loved coming to your quilt show. I was in awe! So many gorgeous quilts, so many talented ladies. I didn't realize you got put back in YW. The girls will be lucky to have you!

The Tribe Family said...

You are so talented!!!
So glad that you are in the family!! Such a great example!
Love ya!!