Our sweet Abigail turned 4 today. She sure had a fun few days over her birthday and Halloween. The day before Halloween we threw a "friends" birthday party for her. She was so excited to decorate and help me make all of the treats and party favors. Then, during the party she seemed kind of sad and I couldn't tell why. She still participated in all the games, and activities. Then after everyone left I noticed that she had a fever and felt terrible. I looked in her throat and sure enough, her tonsils were swollen with sores on them. I took her to the doctor that afternoon and she had strep. Poor thing. I felt doubly bad that she had friends over that day and I had no idea that she was sick. Anyways, she finished the day off with pajamas and television and she couldn't eat a thing. I sure hope no one got sick from that party. It was a blast anyway. Then, after she had been on antibiotics for two days and we were sure she wasn't contagious anymore... the day after Halloween (her actual birthday) we went up to Clinton to celebrate with her cousin, Elle, who also shares the same birthday. It was fun to see family and sing happy birthday to her. I even made another cake because I just wanted to :)
She specifically asked for a Care Bear cake. Here is my attempt, which actually turned out pretty good. I didn't even eat a bite though after too many sweets in too few days.
These were the party favor bags for her friends. Super cute brooms.
9 comments:
Um, there were too many REALLY cute things on that post to mention. First of all, Abbie, you are such a beautiful little girl. Happy Fourth Birthday!!! We are so sorry you got sick, but it looks like you still had lots of fun with your friends and your family. I LOVE the care bear cake (wow!), and the black cat cookies and the broom party favor bags. Those are so adorable! I'm storing all these ideas in my brain for the next time I need good Halloween ideas. Jen, you rock. Take a nap. Love you.
Happy Birthday Abigail! Can't believe you are 4. Sorry you were sick. Love ya and can't wait to see you guys next month.
So sad that she was sick for her party...that's no fun! =( But, I'm glad that she's feeling better. You are so creative...I loved the cake and the cute treats and party favors you made...so clever! They sure look cute in their costumes! =)
And, I meant to add...Happy Birthday Abigail!!!! =)
Cute Abigail. Happy Birthday! And the party sounds like a success. Cute cake and ideas!
Happy Birthday Abbie! I can't believe she's 4! It feels like yesterday she was 2 in my nursery class! What a great looking cake!
Happy birthday, Abigail! Looks like the party was a hit! Those party favors rocked. Nice work, you creative genius, you!
The brooms are darling, but I'd get a bigger stick to beat off the boys from Abigail. Darling.
Happy Birthday!! Love the cake.. so cute!! Alissa just turned 4 too! I never realized our girls were that close in age. how fun! Hope you are doing good!
Post a Comment