November 21, 2008

My Life May Seem Boring...

I am a boring blogger! I am so busy with the little things in my life, that all my creative energy is used up by the time I have a second to think about blogging. Whenever I have a free minute to post, my mind wanders to my bed and how I am sleep deprived, or else I am interrupted my twenty different things.

My life really ISN'T as boring as it may seem :) However, once again, here is a little random update on the kids. They are my joy and I am SO THANKFUL for them...especially in this season of giving Thanks.

We took Abigail's preschool class to the firestation on a field trip. They liked the trucks the best. Who doesn't?


We had fun the other day making leaf "stained glass". We got contact paper and made leaf designs in the middle of two sheets. They were so pretty with the sun shining through them. Now they have faded a bit in the last two weeks, but I can't stand to take them down yet. It was fun to see how each child has a different artistic streak. Jade wanted hers all in a row. Ethan wanted as many colors and leafs as he could fit on there, and Abby took her time placing them in just the right place :)

We took some family pictures casually the other day while on a walk by the pond next to our house. The sun had just gone down, so none of them turned out great, but I think we might have been successful in getting one good family shot for some Christmas cards (that is if I get Christmas cards out). Here Ethan and Abigail look like the best of friends.....funny. They have been fighting like cats and dogs lately. From the time they wake up until they fall asleep they bug each other on purpose. Have any good advice for me? I sure have tried everything. Some days are great, and then the next they are at each others throats again.

6 comments:

J♥M said...

Good moms are busy not boring! Out doing things with the kids as they grow up too darn fast!

The Tribe Family said...

Cute pics!!!
Miss the kids so much!
Would you like to come to Camree's party at 5 on Sunday the 30th?
I would love for you guys to come!!!
Rachel

Anna M. said...

You are such an amazing mother and woman...Jacob and your kids are so blessed to have you! You are always doing such fun things with them! Love the leaf stained glass...what a fun idea! =)

Marisa said...

Hi Jen. Your kids are darling. I always have to wonder how people with fantastic blogs manage to do their dishes, or get anything else done!!! Too busy for blogging is a good thing.

Scott and Megan said...

love checkin' in on you! I miss you! I saw you yesterday, but had to teach and you in primary...sheesh! i love the update on the kiddos. How are things...ya, bout the same with us :) instead of same sh** different day, it's different shi** different day :) love it though! Lots to grateful for! Let's see.......jk love ya!

Sparky2630 said...

Not a boring blogger! Its fun to get caught up on the tidbits of life! You are awesome Jen! Oh, and about the kids fighting - my advice? Grin and bear it! LOL Markell's kids are like that too - one minute sweet and loving and the next - just beating the snot out of each other... Smiles! Mine? He only has me to argue with? That's so lovely! (grrrrr! Pre-teens) Love you Jen!