I was just looking through my pictures from Arizona, and I was awestruck again at how beautiful that drive is! I was all by myself...no crying children or other distractions, and I really felt the inner-adventurer in me pulling me to go explore. If only I had more time! I stopped at Montezuma's Well for a break, and hiked around that magnificent place. See pictures below. Also, the views right before and after Page are so stunning! I sometimes go for days staring at my same four walls and forget what a beautiful world we were given!

So at Montezuma's Well, there were Indians that lived there for hundreds of years. They build dwellings with up to twenty rooms, and many right on the edge of this football field sized pool of freshwater. There are still piles of the stone bricks they used to build with. It is amazing to see something like this in the middle of the desert. The water comes up from this limestone hole from hundreds of feet under the earth. They dug canals by hand to lead the water as irrigation. What impressed me the most is the homes clinging to the cliff edge that still exhist today. They were abandoned around 1300...that is more than 700 years ago! Totally awesome and amazing!

4 comments:
How fascinating! And once again, love the hair!
Looks like a great escape!
That is beautiful! Wouldn't it be great if everyone could see the beauties of the world more often?
Very cool. I've never seen that before. I want to swim in that water!!!
Post a Comment