An update on the kids:
We have had such a fun summer together! I love summer when I can spend such quality time with my kids. They are the best! I think about them all the time, and wanted to jot down a few musings on them tonight.
This last weekend we went to Mt. Pleasant to visit Jacob's grandma. We had such an unexpected nice relaxing time! We took a picnic up to Palisades lake near Manti, and really enjoyed the day there. The kids loved climbing the trees, catching dozens of little frogs and one snake. We rented a paddle boat which was fun as well. We also got to play pool, go running, watch movies, eat great food, visit with a few relatives, etc. We just really enjoyed ourselves.
But...summer can't last forever. Ethan started school last week. He is now in first grade, and loving it. Each night at dinner I ask the kids what the high and low of their day was, and he has said each night that school is his "high". I was more emotional than I thought I would get. I just will miss him is all. He will be gone for so many hours a day! I hope that I have taught him enough to withstand all of the things that will be thrown his way. He is such a happy, funny, intelligent boy...I want him to stay that way!!! I am so proud of him and the way he treats others. He was telling me last night that he invited three different boys to play basketball with him at recess that were walking by themselves. I know he has a kind heart and notices when someone is left out. I just wish that compassion would extend to his sisters more often :)
Abigail keeps my head spinning and me feeling like I am the one upside down :) She is so full of spunk. She is my child that loves to get everyone else riled up. She has the time of her life annoying Jade or playing tricks on Ethan, or singing random made up songs all day. Last night at bedtime she would NOT lie down in her bed. I had Jade in bed with her because of company staying in her room, so Abigail thought it was funny to keep bugging Jade. It finally ended with me making her sleep in the bathroom with a blanket and pillow. She sure can be sweet when she wants to be though. There is no gray area with her. She also has suprised me lately at how intuitive she can be. She will mention things that I had know idea that she had picked up on. I am so glad that I have one more year with her at home. I hope to make it a great one :)
Jade is so incredibly cute. I don't think I could be mad at her if I tried. She is constantly giving me that permagrin that melts my heart. Even SHE can't get mad if she tried :) She is doing so well with things lately... riding her bike, putting on her own shoes, clearing her own dishes, writing some of her ABCs, learning new songs, etc. She is the one who will probably give me trouble as a teenager. I think the hard teenagers are usually the cutest kids so you will remember how sweet they were and love them anyway :)
4 comments:
We love your kids! All so cute!
Darling, darling kids. I love em like they were my own. So adorable.
Those are some precious precious pictures. I love them. Abigail and Jade just look so beautiful and angelic. Course Ethan is so handsome as well. We miss you guys!
I love what you write about your children, they are so blessed to have you for a mother.
Post a Comment