August 10, 2009

Fish Lake Reunion



I forgot my camera, but am determined to post anyway with the picture I stole from my sister's computer :)

We got back this week from a fun 5 day outing to Fish Lake. We went with my whole family and their families (boy are we growing fast!). We camped right at beautiful Fish Lake, where the boys had ample fishing. My granpa also came and he took all the boys fishing on a pontoon all day. They caught so many I think they lost count.


That same day the girls decided to take a "small" scenic drive to Cathedral Valley in Capital Reef National Park. A few miles in we realized we were on a very primitive jeep trail, but could not turn around anywhere....well 6 hours later, we made it out on the other side. We were a little shaken and worried many times that we would be stuck overnight in that amazing backcountry with two babies, but as I look back I am so glad that I got to see that peice of amazing Earth. I kept thinking that only a tiny portion of the whole population will ever get to experience that beautiful place. It was fun (now that I am out). It truly was jaw-dropping beautiful! I felt so small and so in awe of nature. Again, I will post pics when I get them.


We also took a day trip down into the Escalante area to a fun hike we did as children. It is called Calf Creek falls. I promise to post pictures of it when I get my camera with me. It is so beautiful. You hike amid these amazing red rock cliffs where you can still see ancient Indian drawings on the walls. It is a 3 mile hike in, and it ends at this pristine waterfall and swimming hole in the middle of the desert. I highly recommend that hike to anyone looking for something to do in that area!


Other than that, we just had fun making crafts with the kids, singing campfire songs, celebrating our cousin's birthday, etc. I loved it all. When we got home I couldn't believe how dirty the bathtub got from my one shower, but oh well. It was worth it :)

No comments: