Today I was thinking about how fast my children are growing. I realized that their childhood is truly short, and that to appreciate it I have to make an effort every day to take time to enjoy the simple things in life with them. I don't want to look back at their life and my life and see many years of schedules, wasted time, etc. I want to remember lazy summer days when we played with bubbles, took walks, read together, sang and danced...played in the rain.
Monday afternoon we got home from ice skating and it had been raining all day. It was still drizzling when we noticed a rainbow in the sky. The kids got so excited. Then Abigail and Jade decided to dance in the rain. How I love the mind of a child! I looked at them, with their messy cheetoh faces, dancing in the rain with a rainbow behind them and I became so grateful for them in my life. They make me appreciate the simple things!

1 comment:
They are getting so big!!!
They are so cuteeeeeeee...
Rachel
Post a Comment