May 3, 2008

Uplifted

I just had a wonderful three days. My dear mother offered to take my children as well as Marisa's kids (6 total) and took care of them while Marisa and I went to Women's Conference at BYU. We had a blast! It was very inspirational to be there with thousands and thousands of other women who were all there to learn and better themselves. We took some great classes...my favorite was probably how to instill a work ethic in our children. It was very good. The music was candy to my ears, the "Costa Vida" food was divine, the art exhibit by Minerva Tiechert was unbelievable, the weather was beautiful and the company of one of my best friends and sister Marisa was so great. We got to hear Sheri Dew, sister Beck, and even President Monson. I really did come away a better person. I feel more driven to do what I know I need to, and I am inspired with new ideas and things to think about. I am glad I took notes. It was such a great weekend! When we weren't in the conference we were shopping, watching old movies, and getting a lot done with no kids to worry about. Yeah for us. Thanks again, Mom. That was super nice of you :)





Ethan, Abby, and Jade having fun at Nana camp :)

2 comments:

Jill T said...

that's a great picture of you two sisters!

Scott and Megan said...

wow that sounds like a blast. i have never attended women's conference. you are my inspiration...(sung like Chicago) how fun for you and way super nice of your mom! Is it held every year around this time? xoxo