Ethan started school today. Can you tell he is excited? From the moment he woke up that permagrin never left his face until he drove away on the bus. I have held it together pretty well, but I did get a little choked up when he sat down on the bus and waved to me through the window so excited and giddy. I feel like I just fed my most precious thing to the wolves. I know, I know everything will be just fine, but give me day to untie the apron strings.
He is most excited about his new shoes that "light up". I compromised. Instead of getting him Star Wars or Spiderman shoes I let him get a pair of sketchers that light up. He has been marching around the house in them all morning.


5 comments:
What fun for Ethan! He is sure a cute boy! I was talking with Shane and Ashlee the other day...thinking back to when we started dinner group...and Ethan was the only baby...and he was so little. Everyone's getting so big...it's fun to watch them grow! =)
That's exactly what I felt like! He won't even start riding the bus until Tuesday so I still have that to worry about. I was more nervous than Caleb was. I hope everything went well.
oh my goodness! i don't blame you for getting all choked up. i wouldn't blame you for crying the whole first month! that's probably what i'll do when reed starts school. :( he looks so cute and excited though.
Way to go Ethan!!! I bet you love your class and your teacher! You are such a big boy to be riding the bus! We love you!!
Aunt Marisa, Ryan, Emma, and Maddie
He looks so excited and ready to start school. I can't imagine how hard it is, though, to have your first one go off to school. Yay!
Post a Comment