August 17, 2008

Olympics

I am totally uplifted and inspired after watching some of the Olympics this week. For once I don't care how much the TV is on in our home. I have been drawn to tears a few times this week. I also can't get over how similar we all are...all around the world no matter our background or culture, we have the same human experiences. From the opening ceremonies you could just tell that this was going to be a special year. I am loving it! Go Michael Phelps!

4 comments:

Anna M. said...

Rick and I share your feelings...we have been completely inspired by the Olympics. Rick even commented last night that this is the best Olympics ever and that China has done an awesome job hosting!

Marisa said...

Ditto Jen. True greatness is so inspiring. The hard work and persistence of the athletes is remarkable! Now THERE's someone to look up to. Heroes for our kids.

Jill T said...

We've loved the olympics too. You've had some big weeks lately! Congrats on the potty training, and good luck with the job hunt. And your mom is so great to do the Nana Camp! I think that is so awesome. She's one of my heroes!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Heather. Just wanted to say hi. I visited your mom a couple of weeks ago. It was so nice to see her. We really enjoyed our visit. Went to the cave and to Bear Lake. Jessica had fun swimming. I was happy to see Eric and his family. They stopped by and had dinner with us. Well talk to you later

Heather Linderkamp