December 2, 2008

Ahoy There

Thanksgiving was great. We spent the week up at my Mom's house in Smithfield. My sister Amanda and her family were here from Phoenix. It was a real treat for the kids to play with their cousins non-stop for several days. We had the traditional dinner with my Mom, Sister, Brother and his wife, my awesome Grandfather, and a neighbor friend. Aside from the main dinner we had lots of fun. We went to a few different parks to play, we played games, we decorated a gingerbread house, we celebrated Mom's birthday, we went to Novemberfest to see my sister-in-law's booth, we gave each other massages, we had a pie making contest, etc, etc. etc. It was way too fun.

Here is my cute younger brother, Eric and his wonderful wife, Jessica.

Here is us giving "Nana" breakfast in bed on her birthday. She really enjoyed the meal made by the grandkids and we entertained her the whole time. The kids performed songs and dances, and she laughed so hard she almost spilled her tray. Happy Birthday, Mom!

Here is a picture of my eldest sister, Amanda. She is about 7 months pregnant, and looking oh-so-cute! She wanted her back in this picture, though :)

Here are the kids dressing up as pirates. They were really cute. In stead of playing hide and seek, they hid gold coins around the house and the others tried to find the "buried treasure".

And here is our finished gingerbread house. I baked the pieces from real gingerbread. It was hard to get all the pieces just right, but it was worth the effort. You can't tell from the picture, but it was really big. All of the kids helped and they did a fantastic job. My kids are still drooling over it every day :)



6 comments:

J♥M said...

Glad you had fun celebrating! I love that you made your own gingerbread! My mom always did that when we were still at home! It looks awesome and I may or may not be drooling as well!

Marisa said...

Oh my, we miss you all so much!!! I'm so happy you all had such a good time together. I love the kids and their pirate costumes. Way to go on breakfast in bed for mom. And the gingerbread house! Woah. Do you sleep? Next year, we will be able to join in the fun.
Love you Jen.

R Cadina said...

Wow!!! I agree with Marisa...did you sleep? hehe... But, really sounds like a super fun holiday. And we have a tradition to make gingerbread houses on Christmas eve. I just have a kit waiting for us in my closet. But, one day I'll aspire to read gingerbread. :0) You're amazing!
Hope to see you guys soon!
-rachelle-

Anonymous said...

Impressive gingerbread house! You're both ambitious and creative. It was fun talking to you the other night at the dine n' dash.

KarliSue said...

Can I tell you how AMAZING I think you are!! Really whenever I read your blog I just sit back and think how blessed I am to have you as my friend. Thank You

sarah said...

I tagged you!