December 27, 2008

Snow Fort


We had a nice Christmas. I think it was great, but poor Jacob was sick. He started throwing up at around 2pm on Christmas Eve and it took him until the next day to really get out of bed. It was basically me and the kids doing all of the fun things. We watched the Nativity, we read books, set out cookies, etc. etc. I made a nice dinner with all of the trimmings......and then enjoyed it myself because Jake couldn't eat a thing and the kids were full of treats that day. Oh well, it really was a nice dinner. Over all, it was great to spend some quiet peaceful time with the kids and see how sweet they are about the holiday. They had such a great time on Christmas morning. It was all squeels and delight from them. Here is a picture of Abigail in her new Tinkerbell costume. I think it is her favorite gift. She hasn't taken it off for three days :)

It was a white Christmas. We have had so much snow here, I don't think it has been like this for at least a few years. Our kids are in heaven playing in the white fluff, but I am freezing! Luckily, they have a great father who still lives in some of his childhood fantasies. One of which, is building the biggest and best snow fort ever. He has spent three days straight out there with the kids making this thing great...and it is! It is complete with tunnels, a great slide, and a whole "living area" with benches and chairs. The kids really don't know how lucky they are. For Jacob's sake I am hoping the sun stays away for at least a few days :)







11 comments:

sarah said...

Tell Uncle Jake to build us a snow park in our yard, that thing looks huge!

erica e said...

oh man! that looks so fun. how i wish we could join in on the fun! but instead we raked leaves and let the kids jump in them today. so that was fun too.

erica e said...

oh man! that looks so fun. how i wish we could join in on the fun! but instead we raked leaves and let the kids jump in them today. so that was fun too.

Emily Widdison said...

what an awesome snow fort! Sounds better than my house:)

Marisa said...

Cool fort kids! You are so lucky. Ryan and Emma really miss the snow this year. NOT ME!!! I got my fill last year at mom's every morning at about 6:00 a.m.

J♥M said...

Some kids have way more fun! What a fun thing to do together! Hope everyone's well now and enjoying the new year!

John and Misty said...

Loved all the new pics! Your kids are so adorable!!!
Misty

Anna M. said...

Love the snow fort/park! Every time I drive by I think how much fun it looks like it would be to play in! =)

Anonymous said...

Jen, I havne't checked blogs in forever! It was fun to see what you guys have been up to! Sounds like, aside from being sick, you guys have had an awesome holiday!! Love the pics!! Hope that everything is going well!! I went private with my blog... will you send me your email address so I can add you? marilee001@msn.com

Anonymous said...

How was the snow fort? Did you guys have a good time playing with it? I wanted to know if we could come to your house sometimes and play in the snow fort. Can you not let the snow fall off? I want to play in it. Why can't you let me have a turn?

Melissa Fisher said...

HEY KIMBALLS! We miss you guys. Look how fun you made the snow look!! Cool. I am hating the cold, but the snow is pretty cool. We love you guys and wanted to say HI! We totally need to get together!