April 21, 2009

Random Happenings

Another drawing that cracked me up. Abigail drew me. Last time I was bald with a huge belly...not far from the truth :)
I finally finished Abigail's blanket I have been crocheting for awhile. She asked me for a rainbow blanket, so I just chose some really colorful yarn, and it turned out way cute. Much cuter in person than in a picture.

The other night a swarm of birds decided to take refuge in our garage. For twenty minutes we were trying to get them to leave. We were yelling, clapping, swinging our arms, shutting the door, etc, all in vain. They would NOT leave. It was creepy to me after awhile. I felt like I was in a scene from the Alfred Hitchcock movie, but the kids thought it was neat. We finally left them alone and a few hours later they left. These are just a few of them on one of the wires.




4 comments:

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

I love the blanket, Jen! You are definitely talented.

Marisa said...

The blanket is awesome! How did you stitch it so even? I bet Jade loves it. Okay, the BIRDS FREAK ME OUT. WHAT IN THE HECK? Why did they all come in, in the first place? That is definitely strange. Creepy. I hate birds and geese up close... they are pretty to look at but when they start getting to close, I freeze. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Melissa Fisher said...

Crazy birds. I wouldn't know what to do. We once had birds build a huge nest in our bbq grill. That was pretty crazy too. Not to mention gross with all the bird poop on that thing! :)

Anna M. said...

Super cute blanket!!! =)