April 5, 2009

Sick of Being Sick

It has been over three weeks and I still am coughing up a lung every ten minutes. I wish my body would kick this thing already! Also, my hair is falling out for no apparent reason by the handfulls. It came on pretty suddenly and I have not had a baby for almost three years. What is going on? And by the way, where is the sun???

A few updates on the family:

We had a nice time with my sister Amanda and her family. They came from Arizona for a visit. Then she and her husband went to San Antonio to buy a home and left their three oldest kids with me. I was so glad that she trusted me with that many kids. Overall, it went really well! I feel like they got a little bored because of the snowy weather, but I sure enjoyed having them in my home. My kids couldn't get enough of their older cousins. I have never heard Ethan giggle so hard, and Caleb and Jeremiah loved being his entertainment :)



Jacob is still working up in Ogden and commutes up there almost every day. I think he (and the car) are super sick of driving at least two hours every day. He does love his job, however, and his hours are going up quite quickly. I am glad that he stuck this thing out and loves to fly for his career every day.

I am running pretty well again. I manage to go whether the weather cooperates or not. I am just glad to be outdoors and off of my treadmill. I have been busy with so many other things, so blogging has taken a backseat, but I take that as a good sign :)

Our house is still up for sale. We have had a little more traffic this last week or two, which helps us not be too discouraged. We have also gotten good feedback from the people who have walked through. I am ready to drop the price again, but Jacob doesn't feel the need to hurry. I personally am just sick of keeping the house so clean...no one helps me very well no matter what incentives and/or threats I make :)

The kids are great. Ethan is loving school and I can't keep his nose out of books! He is reading so much and growing too fast. He askes me very thought provoking questions all day. He also still loves to tease me nonstop. Abigail is all about singing and dancing lately. She is also going to be riding without training wheels for sure soon. She sure has a funny personality. It really doesn't jive with mine that well, but I love her all the more for it. Jade is turning into a little girl instead of my baby. I can't believe she will be three next month!



My goal for today is to take some better pictures of the kids. I don't do that nearly enough :)

5 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm so glad you updated, but I'm very sorry to hear that you have been sick. Good for you on the running... we'll have to enter a race together in Utah next year. That would be great motivation for me. Now if we could just sell our houses...

erica e said...

first off, I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU HAVE MORE MOTIVATION TO MOVE TO TX NOW! :) if you haven't caught on yet, we'd be VERY HAPPY to have yall close again!
And sounds like your kiddos are growing so fast. why do kids have to do that?! i guess its all part of the plan.
good for you for running so much! i seriously need to get on something like that. way to go!

Jenny and Porter said...

Sounds like you're a busy person. Good luck on selling your house I bet that is super frustrating. You have such adorable kids. It is hard to see them getting older when you just want to keep them the way they are now.

R Cadina said...

Your family is so cute! I'm so impressed that you get out and run. I really wish I liked it....at all...it sounds so fun to do in theory. hehehe :0) And...sheesh! That commute must get old. I'm thinking that if he's been ok with it, you should move up here. :0) And...I've talked to a few people that have gotten so many more interested people in their houses since the weather has been nice. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll see it sell soon. :0) So, we're thinkin another girls night soon. So, if you're ever up this way, call! We'll plan something around you! :0)

Ashlee said...

Great pics of the kids. They really are growing up so much! Have any races coming up?